Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Christmas Countdown - Dec 9

 I Am the Good Shepherd   (John 10 and Psalm 23)

Jesus told a story about sheep and how they need a shepherd.  Sheep don't know very much about taking care of themselves.  They need help finding food and water, and a safe place to sleep at night.  They will follow each other into trouble if no one stops them.  A shepherd takes care of the sheep.  He knows where to lead them so that they will have plenty to eat, fresh water to drink and a safe place to play during the day and to sleep at night.  He stays with them all the time so that He can protect them if any trouble comes up.  

Jesus said "I am the good shepherd.  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.  No one can snatch them out of My hand."  Jesus loves you, and He wants to take care of you, just like a shepherd takes care of his sheep.  He wants you to follow Him as He leads you through your life, learning to be like Him.  He will never leave you, and no one can take you from Him.  He is a GOOD Shepherd!  

(The link to the full post is: http://elizabethtreger.blogspot.com/2014/12/christmas-countdown-dec-9.html)   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment