Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Countdown - Dec 19


I Am the Light of the World

"Then Jesus spoke to them . . .saying, 'I am the light of the world.  He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.'" (John 8:12) 

This is a wonderful truth that Jesus tells us - He is light!  Sometimes I am afraid of the dark.  I can imagine all kinds of scary things.  When I pray to Jesus He helps me remember that He is right here with me.  When I close my eyes to pray, I can see His light in my mind.  Knowing Jesus is light and He is with me helps me not to be afraid.  Even when I lay down in my bed at night and see the darkness, it is not dark to Jesus.  He can see everything just as clearly as if it were day.  That makes me feel brave.

Sometimes things happen to me that make me feel sad or bad.  People can be unkind, or I might fall off of my bike and get hurt.  When I talk to Jesus about how I feel, He understands me.  He shines His light around me, and I don't feel so sad or bad.  It helps me to know that Jesus is with me, that He knows how to help me, and that He will stay with me no matter where I go.  

(the link to the full post is:  http://elizabethtreger.blogspot.com/2014/12/christmas-countdown-dec-19.html) 

No comments:

Post a Comment